Tournament Cancelled for 2021

21 June 2021

We regret to advise that following the delay by the Government on the easing of Covid restrictions, we are unable to bring you the JBFC Tournament for 2021.  The club Committee met via zoom to discuss whether our annual tournament should go ahead in light of the PM”s decision to delay lifting the remaining social restrictions.

Whilst we are permitted to hold our tournament the Committee felt that running a reduced tournament, with the required increased restrictions in place (and management of those restrictions) would risk the quality of the tournament experience for all concerned and the responsible thing to do is to cancel it.

Running the tournament does not seem to be within the spirit of the continuing restrictions and the safety of our Club and our community is paramount. We feel it would be irresponsible of us to hold an event which may not be to our usual excellent standard and which more importantly may risk the health of anyone.  We have therefore taken the difficult decision to cancel this year’s tournament.

All teams who have entered this year’s competition will be contacted regarding a refund of their entry fees.

We would like to thank the club Tournament Organising Team for their efforts which have sadly been in vain on this occasion, but we hope to back stronger next year with a better than ever tournament – keep your calendars free for weekend of 2nd/3rd July 2022!

Thank you for your support and understanding.